Monday, November 12, 2012

Don't be scared to chase your dreams, they will only haunt you if you don't!

Lately.. I think my brain is on overload mode. I can't stop thinking about things I want to do, goals, dreams...
On Saturday I standing at the tattoo shop, thinking... waiting for my tattoo artist to finish drawing my needle & thread tattoo.. and I was looking up at the wall of all the flash tattoo art work.. then it came to me.
I WANT TO DESIGN MY OWN FABRIC.
Well actually it was already planted in my head, my friend Erin (check out her blog) told me I should have my own augie & lola fabric line.
So.. after two days of thinking about it, well three, because she told me on Friday...
I posted something on Instagram and Facebook and instantly had two people write me, and then a few more people..
I asked my friend/tattoo artist Jason to draw something for me, and then my husbands friend draw something else.. then I remembered this other tattoo artist. I have never met him, but he bought a bib from me when his son was born, and I checked out his etsy shop and he had this AMAZING flash art work.. I don't want to give too much away but what it was, but it was great.
So I messaged him and he told me to give him a call, because he was totally in and had a few more ideas.
Now.. I HATE talking to people on the phone I don't know.. it's weird, I get weird, and I start talking a lot... more than I normally do.. and I talk fast and start to repeat what I'm saying...
Anyway.. so he had some great ideas, and I am SO excited to work with him and Jason and Aaron!

So once I get the artwork, I will be using spoonflower to print the fabric. And from there, I will start making what I make now, but it will be with fabric that I helped design!

On another note... I am currently working on getting my own website! But that will take some time!

DREAM BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment